If you missed SIGGRAPH 2017 watch a selection of recorded Live Streaming Sessions.
Unfortunately, every conference experiences some theft. While SIGGRAPH 2017 does provide security at the convention center, you should exercise standard precautions in securing equipment (especially small, mobile items) when it is in the convention center.
As a service to our contributors, SIGGRAPH 2017 insures equipment from the time it enters the Los Angeles Convention Center to the time it leaves the convention center, provided: (a) receipt and outbound shipping occur while the convention center is occupied by SIGGRAPH 2017, and (b) an equipment Insurance form was completed and submitted on or before 10 July 2017. If you have not completed and submitted the insurance form by 10 July 2017, your equipment will not be insured by SIGGRAPH 2017.
- SIGGRAPH 2017 does not insure personal items, such as cell phones, digital cameras, laptops, camcorders, etc.
- SIGGRAPH 2017 does not insure equipment in transit to or from the conference. Please be sure to insure your equipment during shipment.
Insuring Your Equipment
If your work is accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH 2017, and you want to have your equipment insured while at the convention center, you will be asked to complete the online Equipment Insurance Form by 10 July.
If you are an equipment donor, you will be asked to complete the online Equipment Insurance Form by 10 July.
Filing a Claim
If your equipment is insured by SIGGRAPH 2017, please follow this procedure to file a claim for damage or theft:
- Notify your program chair and the Exhibition Management office (Hall-Erickson, Inc.) immediately. Hall-Erickson will contact building security.
- Work with your program chair and the Exhibition Management office (Hall-Erickson, Inc.) to obtain a police report while at the convention center.
- Forward the following documentation to your program chair:
- Copy of the police report
- Copy of the original purchase receipt
- Copy of a replacement quote from a vendor or manufacturer
The program chair will forward this claim documentation to Conference Administration, which will review and record your claim. It will then be sent to the insurance representative at ACM for processing.